dash cable clip GC galant

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Jordan1249

dash cable clip GC galant

Post by Jordan1249 »

So stupid me was taking my dash apart and it would appear i broke the clip for the speedo :facepalm:

Clip still in there

So can i buy these or what can i do ?
LukeAussie

Re: dash cable clip GC galant

Post by LukeAussie »

You can definitely buy a new cable, and Flexible Drive Agencies either have them or can make them, but as far as getting parts, I'm not so sure. Perhaps give Flexible a call and see what they can sell you...
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Have you tried getting the clip off the back of the speedo assembly? (I know its a dumb question but its even dumber not to ask...) You might be able to press it back on...
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

ok so i did get the clip off and i hammered it so the cable could fit on my problem now is my hand cant fit to plug it in and suggestions on what to do ?
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

2 options really.

A: find someone with small hands
B: undo the cable from the gearbox and you will be able to pull it through more into the cabin, then once the dash is installed re-connect to the gearbox.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Jordan1249 wrote:ok so i did get the clip off and i hammered it so the cable could fit on my problem now is my hand cant fit to plug it in and suggestions on what to do ?
This is always fun - putting the speedo drive cable back in and the instrument panel loom plug. There's hours of entertainment right there... :lol: It's one of those jobs that requires experience. Eventually you'll be able to pull it out and install it without any dramas as you'll be able to get it to align and lock in without even seeing what is going on in the back of the instrument cluster.
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

If it's any help finding a replacement the cables out of early sigmas (GE?) will fit but they're a little bit longer so you'll need to cable tie up the slack to your gearbox cross member. Just make sure that its all long and loose curves so you don't bind up the cable.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Just an update got it all back together found a where the cable was running around something when it could go through so moved it and gave it abit more at the dash end and got it plugged in and everything works now including my revs :) (but that was the new dizzy cap and rotoar button)