GC galant parcel shelf sound system

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Jordan1249

GC galant parcel shelf sound system

Post by Jordan1249 »

So because im majority of the time at my misses place and my gaylant is unregistered i dont get to see much of her :( so im finding it hard to picture some things well one thing basically my parcel shelf and the trims beside it i wanna try fit 4 6x9 along the parcel shelf and maybe 2 6in speakers on that trim if theyll mount

So whgat are peoples thoughts on that and could yous post some pics of the parcel and trim so i can get a better idea in my head

Thanks Jordan :)
VGJONO

Re: GC galant parcel shelf sound system

Post by VGJONO »

Rear parcel shelf is perfect for 2 6's and 2 4's without having to cut into any metal, from experience everyone i know of has steered clear of 6x9's as they are not as clear as a round speaker. I also fin you dont need much in the way of audio for a good system in these cars, I have 4x 4" kenwoods, 2x 6" Kenwoods and a single 1200w Sub. this is more than enough IMO and has put a lot of my friends more expensive systems to shame.

however, its you car and you can do whatever you like, sadly i dont have any other photo's of the parcel shelf im sorry

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

sall good jono i got 4 really good 6x9 for cheap so gunna try fit them in and tune them with an amp for maximum clarity
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Fair enough, didnt notice my picture wasnt in my last post lol :P

here it is:
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

why didnt you go 6in on all 4 ?
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

didnt want to cut into the parcel shelf steel, the holes that were there from factory were perfect for this setup, however i have noticed GA/GB's have larger holes in the centre which means my Sisters GA will get a row of 4 6" speakers lol
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Well in my GC the holes are big.enough for the 4 6x9s when i go home i will post a pic