bug problem

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Jordan1249

bug problem

Post by Jordan1249 »

So i have a slight bug problem in my galant and wondering if anyone has ever chucked a bug bomb in there car before and if it had any bad affects or anything ?
geezer101

Re: bug problem

Post by geezer101 »

A bug bomb will annihilate all life in the Galant and seeming they're made for indoor use I can't see there being any direct issues with using one. Obviously you'd want to make sure the air vents are left open as the volume inside the cabin of a car is way less than a room. You might want to lift the back seat backrest out to allow the stuff to enter your boot space and you'd want to leave it open for at least 8 hours after it had done its thing. I had these nasty ants living in my wagon (never seen anything like them before - had pointy upturned tails on them and they were tiny). They'd built a colony in the sills so I took a pressure cleaner to every part of the body I didn't normally see, then I gassed it with a can o' Mortein for good measure.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Go for it man.
I had ghastly spiders that kept jumping on me at inopportune moments while driving in my old Corty. I took most interior panels off, left the doors open a bit and draped a tarp over the car.
Then let one of those time bomb thingo's off and left it for days... 8o| 8o|
Killed the spiders in me car, the ants in the yard around the car, the spiders and the wasps on that side of the house. Phenomenal. (H)

Looked like I was trying to do a secret skid... all this white smoke. Wow, but it worked. :thumpsup:

cheers
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
InsaneTD

Post by InsaneTD »

I've just sprayed a can of bug spray for ten seconds or so then closed the car up in the past, always done the trick and it isn't likely to blow a window out like a bug bomb might.
'82 GJ Sigma Sedan. 2l 3 speed, stock.

Call me TD.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

InsaneTD wrote:I've just sprayed a can of bug spray for ten seconds or so then closed the car up in the past, always done the trick and it isn't likely to blow a window out like a bug bomb might.
There's no way on Earth a bug bomb would generate an air pressure increase inside the sealed cabin of a car. I recommended leaving the air vents open as to eliminate any chance of something surviving inside a closed off vent (and to help purge anything out of the car after the gassing). You wouldn't want the vents on recirculating and then opening them straight after doing this to your car :|
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Yer unless left battery on and it sparked ahaha and with a few rust holes plenty of vent holes ahah my aircon well heater doesnt work anyways