Door glass Bailey Channel

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Sigmaproject

Door glass Bailey Channel

Post by Sigmaproject »

....does anyone know what Bailey Channel rubbers suit the Sigma profile. You can buy it by the metre if you have a Holden or a Ford.. and lots of British cars.

I would imagine someone on this site would have replaced the Bailey Channels during a restore. :\
tubby

Re: Door glass Bailey Channel

Post by tubby »

I did on my gn. just took a sample into clark rubber. they had heaps of it. dont think it has a part number on it. basically measure the with of the inside of your bailey channel and buy the stuff that wide. :)
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi all
The samples I got off Clark Rubber for Bailey channel were either not deep enough or too deep? maybe you can trim it? after its in but it's a good idea to use sticka flex or some type of glue other wise later on when you wind the windows up or down it will move in the channel?.

just a few details that may help? cheers wayne
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

A couple of mine have got to the point where I pull them up to the top of the frame...and a couple of weeks later that have worked their way back down again. But the biggest issue it that they are getting brittle, so when I try to slide them back up, I usually take a chunk out of them.

Thanks heaps guys...Clarks Rubber it is, first thing in the morning. :)
tubby

Post by tubby »

okay big tip. when you do it make it in one piece. where you get to a corner cut a vee out where the corner is then bend it and you wont have any movement no glue needed. I will try and get my lazy ass out to the shed and see if there is a part number on the off cuts I have. when I bought it it was kinda flat so the pressure from the channel keeps it in place. hopefully you get my drift when you are looking at it.
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
MrSigma

Post by MrSigma »

Spectrum rubber sells baileys channel rubber to suit sigma, located western Sydney
brendon

Post by brendon »

:thumpsup: for spectrum as well.

good for Range rovers too
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory