To be, or, not to be, that, is the question....

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
bruggz351

To be, or, not to be, that, is the question....

Post by bruggz351 »

Howdy peeps.
Well, rego is due on the GJ.
I'm in two minds atm. Dunno whether to rego it and keep working on it or let it go out of rego and slowly do a proper job of fixing her up.

Needs paint bad. A carby rebuild and fuel pump or EFI. I'm leaning towards EFI. And a coupla oil leaks here n there. I'm fairly confident it would sail through a pink, again.

;sigh;

Decisions decisions.
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
brendon

Re: To be, or, not to be, that, is the question....

Post by brendon »

Im keeping mine registered during my conversion will save a lot of later hassles for mod plates.
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

bruggz351 wrote:Howdy peeps.
Well, rego is due on the GJ.
I'm in two minds atm. Dunno whether to rego it and keep working on it or let it go out of rego and slowly do a proper job of fixing her up.

Needs paint bad. A carby rebuild and fuel pump or EFI. I'm leaning towards EFI. And a coupla oil leaks here n there. I'm fairly confident it would sail through a pink, again.

;sigh;

Decisions decisions.
Mate keep it regoed or you might find if you dont re rego it you could loose interst and not bother at least if you keep it regoed you can do work on it and drive it regards Chris
A112H

Post by A112H »

I find a car that is driven while being repaired or rebuilt is a car that is never finished, always off the road or always breaking down.
Go and buy a $1500 shitter for a daily and pull the Sigma off of the road and do it properly and do it once
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I could be wrong...but I think in NSW you have three months after the expiry date to get it registered. After that, it is a visit to the local RTA. Something you would not wish on your worst enemy.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Yeah, there is that to take into account. Here in SA, as long as the owner hasn't changed you can just register on line for up to 7 years :thumpsup:
efisig

Post by efisig »

damn wish we could do that in nsw
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Thanks for the insight chaps.

Been talking with SWMBO, and we've decided to keep it regoed. Even if it ends up off the road for a while, at least sometimes there will be a second car eh... plus no bloody Blue Slip hassles down the track. Even though, the last two vehicles I've put through a Bluey, the GJ and me XJ Cherokee, flew through no wukkas. (H)
I was thinking of using the rego money to engineer the XJ but, meh.

Anyhoo, thanks for helpin with the decision guys.... :thumpsup: :thumpsup:

cheers
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

How things change. :|

Well, I've gone and thrown a spanner in the works and been diagnosed with epilepsy. :@
Thank christ I don't go Grand Mal!! Still, it's enough I have to give driving away for a time. I don't have to hand the licence in thank god, not until we see whats what, but if drugs don't do the job by the end of Jan next year I'll be headin for Westmead in Sydney to be evaluated for brain surgery. :wut: I'm too old for this shite.

Any how, getting to the point, the ol' GJ is un-rego in cotton wool for a while... :( ;sigh;

But, meh. I'll still skulk around here time to time... :thumpsup:

cheers
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Oh dude, that is bad news :( They do however get some good results from surgery but digging around in the head is always risky. Having a condition that could go off in your face at any time is not where anyone wants to be, but it is manageable. Hope you don't have to surrender your license because of it...
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

Mate thats not good I hope all goes well for you , they can do wonders nowdays all the best mate :thumpsup:
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Hey, I don't see it as 'bad' news as such. Pain in the arse, yes!

I'm not worried. Wrong word. I have a good supportive family. It's my wife and kids that keep the heart ticking over.
I've had a bit of shit, health-wise, thrown my way over the last 5 or so years. Still trying to work a few of them out. I've been pensioned off for nearly as long. This is just another challenge eh...

I'm a changed man though. Try me best not to worry. No point borrowing trouble.

Cars and family is where it's at!!

Any way nuff sookin. I'll be slowly doin the ol' GJ up now she's on blocks. :) Just a complete refresh at this stage. Unless I revisit me youth or have a mid-life crisis :lol:

Oh, and in between fixin the JEEP. :roll: now it's the daily :|
InsaneTD

Post by InsaneTD »

Sounds like a good chance to get all the work to the cars done to me.

They know a fair amount about epilepsy now a days and the treatments work well. I've known a few people with it. Hope it gets all sorted soon might.
'82 GJ Sigma Sedan. 2l 3 speed, stock.

Call me TD.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Sounds like a good chance to get all the work to the cars done to me.

They know a fair amount about epilepsy now a days and the treatments work well. I've known a few people with it. Hope it gets all sorted soon might.
Thanks. This is why I'm trying not to worry too much eh...

I just don't like the idea of a sunroof in me scone. But like I said, I wont borrow trouble. Touch wood (was told I'd go blind for doin that :P ) , the medications will work.
InsaneTD

Post by InsaneTD »

Just means you get a metal plate and become part cyborg, and can set metal detectors off while naked. :P
'82 GJ Sigma Sedan. 2l 3 speed, stock.

Call me TD.