EOI Charity event

Talk about anything car related here that isn't covered below.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

EOI Charity event

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hey guys,
Some of you will already know but for those who don't, I'm planning on a charity run in the next 18-20months time.

THE CHALLENGE
Completing 1000k's on a bush bike over a 5 day period
on a 10hour/day ride....ill have to average 200km's/day, or 20kp/h

THE LOCATION
Where else do you do 1000k's.....Mt Panorama, Bathurst
(based on the average speed....ill have to complete a lap every 19mins or so)

THE CHARITY
A volunteer run operation named Aussie Helpers. For those of you who have never heard them...Aussie Helpers is an all Aussie group that raise money to provide aid (fodder/water for livestock) for the 'true' aussie battlers that are doing it tough in the outback due to the enormous drought that has currently occurred

THE REASON
Basically this was purely a personal goal of fitness....nothing more.
I thought I'd get a charity on board in the process to try and get awareness of my personal challenge completed AND for other people who could benefit from the possible extra publicity
http://www.aussiehelpers.org.au

THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
So far i weigh in at 120kgs......not exactly an athlete so my goal is drop my weight down to about 80 odd kilos
My stamina is so far no where near where it should be........it needs to be high enough to climb a mountain approx 32 times a day (the height difference of Mt Panorama is 174m....in a 3km climb)
My mental fitness is getting better.....but again.....no where near where it needs to be....i'll have to see the same scenary for 5 days straight...in physical pain...constantly fighting the 'want/need' to stop riding.....
I'll more than likely experience physical pain in my hands and wrists from gripping the handlebars for 50hours in 5 days!!!!
Elements of the atmosphere....heat, cold, wind, rain, light (lack of it)
Traffic...it is still a public road afterall and i will have to comply to the road laws
Not to mention my asshole.......u think ur uncomfortable???? I'll be stitting on what is essentially a ruler with vinyl covering it for 'comfort'...and ill be on that for 50hours in 5 days!!!....never complain about ur chair again!! :P
Currently my intended weapon (Giant DS/3 mountain bike) is in DESPERATE need of a good thorough overhaul.....which it will receive and also get a few tweaks here n'n there to make sure my ride is as comfortable and effecient as possible

Last but not least....training.......riding 200+km's a day requires quite alot of room....finding it will be a challenge in itself!!!

I'd ove to know what you guys (and girls) think about it.......and also if you'd support me doing this (quite frankly..a rediculous) challenge
Last edited by Scorpma82 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Jordan1249

Re: EOI Charity event

Post by Jordan1249 »

Im 100% behind you mate anything you need help with ill be there :)

Love the choice of charity as well
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

That's it????

Just Jordan???

Not one piece of feedback at all????
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

what arent i good enough scorp hahha
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Sure u r mate........but i must admit.....i was hoping for more than one person to at least respond....even if they were saying that they're not interested
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

Hey mate how you been ?

Is this still a go you still training havent been on chat for a while have to catch up soon :P
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Still keen as hell to do it but haven't done much training at all since I'm getting married in two weeks
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

I have lost some weight (124kg's down to 117kg's)
4 weeks trekking about in Japan on a diet of raw fish, rice and tea.......should drop at least a couple more kilo's :P

Once i'm back from Japan, gonna hit the gym hard and also save the money to get the bike repaired so i can start using it
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

OK guys (and girlies)

An update here....

I'm back from my honeymoon and yes, the trekking and lean diet did help me lose a few kilos

Currently i'm weighing in at 110kgs and hopefully within the next month or so, will have my bike mended again so I can get back on it
hengagc75

Post by hengagc75 »

Good luck mate :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Bit of an update.......

I had a weigh in at the gym the other night and have got myself down to 112kg so far (from the original 124kgs)
Also, I have entered into a charity bike in Victoria during the month of November

It's a 9-day ride (rest day on day 6) covering approx 550kms (averaging about 70 odd km's a day)

I figured this should be a good training exercise....see where i'm at basically
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Quick update.....

Weighing at about 114kgs ATM

I never managed to get my old bike overhauled, purely because I purchased a new one!!!!

It's a 2015 Giant Talon III

Have taken it on its maiden run, a short 16km run....took about an hour,
Its not too bad since its my 1st bike ride in about 5years and I'm trying to find the best path for me to take as there are no dedicates foot paths out where I need to ride

With a bit of luck, I'll be doing my first big ride tomorrow....approx 70kms